Tuesday 6 January 2009

The Return

Coming back after Christmas, it was obvious that my knowledge was a bit rusty. The A3 assignment had been put to one side over Christmas and I found it fairly difficult to get back into the swing of things on the first day. This gave me a certain level of anxiety.

However, the group still had a good atmosphere and I could tell that my head was fresh to start learning again. If I was to change my approach to the holidays, it would be to keep all the work fresh in my head by looking over notes and catching up on more work.

Both of our current assignments have to be completed by next week. With the A4 I feel fairly relaxed as most of the work has been done during our college time. This assignment was the most enjoyable so far and in a design aspect I learnt the most. There is a test next week which we are currently revising for, and with this I also feel comfortable. All my marks on the practice test lately have been well above the 50% marker and in all honesty my revision has been minimal. So with plenty of revision this week I hope to get a good result in the test.

The A3 is the more demanding of the two assignments. Despite being behind with just a week to go I don’t feel stressed in any way. I think this is because I have a firm understanding of the tasks that need to be done, due to listening and note taking. If I was to do this again I would have still preferred to stay on top of the schedule to allow the last week to be simple tinkering.

No comments: